Measure Your Dog
Measure your Dog - Puchi Merchandise
Measuring your dog is important as sizes for Dog apparel can be confusing; remember that sizes cater for the tiniest of dogs, so your 'small' Spaniel may in fact be an X Large in clothing when compared to X Small for a Teacup Chihuahua! We recommend you measure your dog using the guidelines shown and choose the size giving the most room. Remember that any clothing and especially collars should fit comfortably and snug without any restriction or tightness. Dogs come in all shapes and sizes and the information shown is for guidance only, we are happy to exchange items for alternative sizes where available. Please refer to the size chart shown for your selected product as some sizes vary between styles. If you require any assistance please contact us.
Neck: Measure the neck as you would for a collar.
Length: Measure from the base of the neck (where the collar would sit) to the base of the tail along the dogs back bone (sometimes called the Topline)
Chest: Measure right around the body from behind the front legs around the deepest part of your dog's chest.
TIP: If you have no tape measure suitable, use a lead or a piece of string and measure this against a tape/ruler. If your dog is stouter, has a thick coat, broader chest or is at the maximum measurement for the size listed against the product you may want to go up the next size for a better fit.
- X Small: Teacup Chihuahua, Toy/Miniature Breed puppies
- Small: Yorkshire Terrier, Papillion
- Medium: Pomeranian, Toy Poodle
- Large: Shih Tzu, Jack Russell
- X Large: Cocker Spaniel, West Highland Terrier
- XX Large: Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Standard Poodle
- Superdog: Boxer, Labrador, Dalmatian
- Superdog 1: Giant Schnauzer, Pointer
- Superdog 2: Great Dane, Irish Wolfhound